The St. Louis Metro Alumni Scholarship seeks to aid in the education of future business leaders by awarding scholarship grants to qualified undergraduate students.
The fund was initially established in 2010, and through the generous donations of our members the first scholarship award of $1000 was granted in the Spring of 2018. The endowed scholarship is administered by the Alpha Kappa Psi Foundation, the charitable arm of Alpha Kappa Psi Professional Business Fraternity. The Foundation is a public 501(c)(3) charitable educational foundation. With this designation, contributions to the Foundation are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
The initial Scholarship fundraising goals have been reached, but we continue to seek donations so that even more scholarships can be awarded in the future.
Application and Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To apply for the St. Louis Metro Alumni Scholarship, the candidate should meet the following requirements:
- be an undergraduate enrolled at a school in Missouri or Central/Southern Illinois that has an active Alpha Kappa Psi chapter, currently:
o Rho Upsilon Chapter – Missouri Western State
o Chi Nu Chapter – University of Missouri Kansas City
o Lambda Rho Chapter – Missouri State University
o Upsilon Chapter – University of Missouri
o Tau Upsilon Chapter – Truman State University
o Alpha Lambda – Washington University
o Delta Sigma Chapter – Saint Louis University
o Epsilon Kappa Chapter – Southern Illinois University
o Xi Psi Chapter – Illinois State University
o Delta Psi Chapter – Illinois Wesleyan University
o Epsilon Chapter – University of Illinois at Urbana
- be an active member of Alpha Kappa Psi
- have a GPA of 2.75 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) or equivalent
- have a minimum of two semesters left in school (4 if on a quarterly system)
- write a brief essay explaining why the he or she is deserving of the scholarship being awarded, including their accomplishments in Alpha Kappa Psi, at their school, and in their community, and any aspirations or goals in continuing their involvement in Alpha Kappa Psi upon graduation.
This scholarship is to be awarded in accordance with the Alpha Kappa Foundation application guidelines each academic year (Currently scholarship applications are due in March each year and scholarships are awarded each July for use in the upcoming academic year).
Donate to the Scholarship
Thank you for your interest in the education of future business leaders! To make it easy for you to make your tax-deductable contribution to the Scholarship, with the AKPsi Foundation, we offer two methods below.
Note to regular AKPsi Foundation donors: When you make your next contribution,
don't forget to designate the St. Louis Metro Alumni Scholarship as the beneficiary of part or all of your donation. Thank you for your continued support of the Scholarship and the AKPsi Foundation!
- Click here to securely make your donation online, using your credit card.
- Be sure to select St. Louis Metro Alumni Chapter Fund from the dropdown list on the donation page.
Donation by Mail
- Determine the amount that you wish to contribute.
- Make your check payable to the Alpha Kappa Psi Foundation.
- In the memo section of your check, and on the donor card (if applicable), indicate that your donation is to be assigned to the St. Louis Metro Alumni Scholarship. This will ensure that your donation is directed to the correct fund.
- Mail your check to the following address:
Alpha Kappa Psi Foundation
7801 East 88th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46256-1233
For More Information
If you would like further information on the Scholarship, click here to send us an Email message with your question.
Should you have a question for the AKPsi Foundation, you can contact them
by Email or by phone at 317-872-1553.